How to Make a Crispy Pata / Fried Pork Leg
Crispy Pata has a special place in every Filipino's heart. You may not have it everyday or every week (because its unhealthy), but once you reward yourself with this incredible dish once in a while, it's so satisfyingly delicious. Here's a recipe for this famous dish.
Whole Pork Leg
Salt and Pepper
Garlic and Onion
For dip: Soy Sauce, Calamansi, Red Onions, Tomatoes, Vinegar, Sugar, red chilis
1. In a big pot, boil water with garlic, onion, salt, pepper and laurel leaves. Put whole pork leg and simmer it for 45 minutes to an hour until cooked.
2. Once cooked, remove the pork leg and let it dry completely in a paper towel
3. Glaze the Pork leg with Oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic and let it stand for an hour
4. On a pre heated pot filled with oil, fry the pork leg until golden brown, make sure to cover if too much oil is going out.
5. After frying, let the pork leg rest. While resting, do the dipping sauce
1. Dice onions, tomato, red chilis and Garlic
2. Add soy sauce
3. Add calamansi juice, vinegar and sugar to balance the flavor to your liking
Enjoy your crispy pork leg with the perfect dip!